Windows 8

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Windows 8

Windows 8 News, rumors, and leaks

5 posters

Windows 8 Milestone 2 signed off this week, M3 to start next week

leakAddict
    leakAddict
    Admin

Windows 8 Milestone 2 signed off this week, M3 to start next week Empty Windows 8 Milestone 2 signed off this week, M3 to start next week

Post by leakAddict Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:52 pm

A recent roadmap shown off by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Mary Jo Fowley over at ZDnet tells us a story about how the progress work for Windows 8 M2 was scheduled. The timeline also tells us that Microsoft is planning to start coding Windows 8 M3 next week on Monday.

According to the timetable, Windows 8 M2 coding began back on September 27, 2010 and it took slightly over a month to complete. On November 5, M2 was integrated where it began its bug fixing on December 6. The weeks to follow focused on more bug fixes and 'locking down' the code.

Windows 8 M3 is already scheduled to begin coding next week on February 28, 2011. If the development for M3 is anywhere near the length of time as M2, Windows 8 RTM would be right on schedule for a mid-2012 release.

Another interesting thing to point out is that the final build candidate for Windows 8 M2 will be signed off on Wednesday, and the developers tasks will be assigned on Friday.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And of course, everyone's info comes from our very own Canouna Wink
    ThePro
    ThePro

Windows 8 Milestone 2 signed off this week, M3 to start next week Empty Re: Windows 8 Milestone 2 signed off this week, M3 to start next week

Post by ThePro Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:07 pm

Amazing eh? Razz
    leakAddict
    leakAddict
    Admin

Windows 8 Milestone 2 signed off this week, M3 to start next week Empty Re: Windows 8 Milestone 2 signed off this week, M3 to start next week

Post by leakAddict Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:35 pm

ThePro wrote:Amazing eh? Razz

Lol, it is. And people commenting on those articles are so clueless that they thank the author for they're "investigative skills" LOL
    ThePro
    ThePro

Post by ThePro Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:14 pm

lmao ye.
    Canouna
    Canouna

Post by Canouna Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:58 am

Posted also on MDL Forums:
    I have show the the roadmap to Zukona, he told me "This is interesting, but some dates are false".
    ThePro
    ThePro

Post by ThePro Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:13 am

Tell zukona to let me follow him on twitter... LOL
    Animal99

Post by Animal99 Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:22 pm

Me too! I'd love to follow zukona on twitter!
    hoak

Post by hoak Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:44 pm

Maybe someone can invite Zukona to join the forum?
    Shocked
    leakAddict
    leakAddict
    Admin

Post by leakAddict Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:46 pm

Hey guys, while I appreciate your enthusiasm for a leak and to talk to Zuko, the fact is that he doesn't talk to everyone. We need to repect his privacy and get to the leaks when they are available. I don't want this to turn into a Zuko request thread Wink Let's have fun and rest assured that when a leak happens, you guys will be able to download it on this forum Smile
    Animal99

Post by Animal99 Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:36 am

Yeah, I understand. He only has about 50 followers...Thanks Again!
    ThePro
    ThePro

Post by ThePro Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:15 am

leakAddict wrote:Hey guys, while I appreciate your enthusiasm for a leak and to talk to Zuko, the fact is that he doesn't talk to everyone. We need to repect his privacy and get to the leaks when they are available. I don't want this to turn into a Zuko request thread Wink Let's have fun and rest assured that when a leak happens, you guys will be able to download it on this forum Smile

And i'll probably be allowed to repost it somewhere else, right? Razz
    leakAddict
    leakAddict
    Admin

Post by leakAddict Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:04 am

ThePro wrote:

Lol, if you want to you can, but some forums don't let you post links Wink
    ThePro
    ThePro

Post by ThePro Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:28 am

leakAddict wrote:
    ThePro wrote:

Lol, if you want to you can, but some forums don't let you post links Wink

It's 2 spanish forums, one has been waiting for windows 8 since the first news, and i'm the only one that's into beta stuff

Then there's another forum that will probably fill me up with points for posting the download

Both allow piracy and illegal stuff
    leakAddict
    leakAddict
    Admin

Post by leakAddict Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:39 am

ThePro wrote:

It's 2 spanish forums, one has been waiting for windows 8 since the first news, and i'm the only one that's into beta stuff

Then there's another forum that will probably fill me up with points for posting the download

Both allow piracy and illegal stuff

I would link them to this site and encourage them to sign up to see the links Wink
    hoak

Post by hoak Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:18 pm

leakAddict wrote:Hey guys, while I appreciate your enthusiasm for a leak and to talk to Zuko, the fact is that he doesn't talk to everyone. We need to repect his privacy and get to the leaks when they are available. I don't want this to turn into a Zuko request thread Wink Let's have fun and rest assured that when a leak happens, you guys will be able to download it on this forum Smile
    Heeey! I didn't mean to suggest anyone hassling the feller or hitting him up for access to anything! What I meant was to make him aware of the forum as a venue where he could post information if he was interested as it could offer more anonyminity then Twitter, and I can't stand Twitter...
    Neutral
    leakAddict
    leakAddict
    Admin

Post by leakAddict Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:22 pm

hoak wrote:
    Heeey! I didn't mean to suggest anyone hassling the feller or hitting him up for access to anything! What I meant was to make him aware of the forum as a venue where he could post information if he was interested as it could offer more anonyminity then Twitter, and I can't stand Twitter...
    Neutral

Thanks for clearing that up. Right now we are honored enough to have Canouna on board as he gets info from Zukona.

If Zukona wants to join and post I'd be more than happy to promote him Wink

He could be our first VIP member pirat
    ThePro
    ThePro

Post by ThePro Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:47 pm

Yeah, it's a small forum

My tip though would be to get a real forum in a real webserver, and a domain, atleast a .tk
    leakAddict
    leakAddict
    Admin

Post by leakAddict Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:17 pm

ThePro wrote:Yeah, it's a small forum

My tip though would be to get a real forum in a real webserver, and a domain, atleast a .tk

I meant promote as in higher ranking. I know it's a small forum right now, but I'm just trying to provide a place for good info on leaks, and hand out some links when they become available Wink
    hoak

Post by hoak Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:12 am

Just my opinion, but I think this forum is just fine 'as is'... Microsoft generally gives the appearance of tongue in cheek approval of the attention and enthusiasm this kind of venue, but there are plenty of examples of what happens when something gains too much momentum, gets too big, and doesn't at least have the appearance of being 'off the radar' or not under Microsoft's control...

The Microsoft legal team is bar none the most formidable and well financed on the planet, and is not to be trifled with; play nice, and play quietly, and you can take a long walk on what otherwise becomes a fine line that few, even governments want to test...

Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:58 am